Automation Anywhere Interview Questions
1. Name the four Automation Anywhere software frameworks.
The frameworks are:
2. What type of recorder is best suitable for Capture Mouse Click, Keystroke Operations?
Screen Recorder is best suitable for Capture Mouse Click, Keystroke Operations such as Click, moments, Click and drag, Insert Keystrokes.
3. What type of recorder we can use for capture window objects such as coordinates, object properties, image playback mode?
Smart Recorder is used to capture window objects such as coordinates, object properties, image Playback mode. Also, we can adjust the object identification criteria in AA binoculars (object properties).
4. How we can deploy a task in AA Control Room?
In AAE Client click on MANAGE->REPOSITORY.
5. What are the data types available for Task Bots?
AA variable manager having List, Array, Value, Random data types for Task Bots.
6. Explain the difference between a Wait command and a Delay command.
The most significant difference between the two terms lies with the parameters you use. If you’re waiting for the screen or its components to change, then use the Wait command. If, however, you are working on loops meant to improve an action’s performance in a task, then use Delay.
7. Can Automation Anywhere work if computer is locked? Can I record a task to unlock the computer?
Yes. Automation Anywhere offers secure Auto Login technology. Auto Login allows scheduled tasks to run even when computer is locked. When you schedule a task you can enable Auto Login capability. If Auto Login in enabled, and if computer is locked, Automation Anywhere will unlock the computer, run the task and lock it back.
8. Is it possible to password protect my task?
Yes, it is possible to password protect a task. While saving the task click on the Password Protection checkbox and specify the password. Alternatively, you can password protect a saved task by going into the Security tab in the main screen of Automation Anywhere.
9. Can I get all the file names in a folder to perform some operation on it?
Yes, you can use the “Loop for Files in a folder; Here $FileName$ will have next filename inside the specified folder in each Loop execution. You can use this System variable to perform any operation inside the Loop – End Loop block
10. Can I provide value for file/folder name when the task runs?
Yes. Automation Anywhere has a ‘Prompt’ command to provide value at run time. You can provide value for any window, prompt for file/folder and even prompt for yes/no as well
11. Will my task run correctly even if files, program shortcut icons in the Quick Launch and the Desktop have moved?
Apart from a few exceptions, opening of most of the files and shortcut icons from both Quick Launch and Desktop will run correctly if the icons have moved from their original location. Note that, the ‘Move Icons/Menus’ should be checked in Tools; Options menu for this feature to be enabled
12. Can I run many tasks in a batch?
Yes, you can create a new task in which you can use ‘Run Task’ command to run your individual tasks
13. When I use ‘Run Task’ command, how do I know if the task successfully completed?
You can use the ‘If Task Successful’ subcommand inside the ‘If command’. This command will run the task and will execute the ‘If – End If’ block only if the task ran successfully.
14. Can I execute certain commands only if a window exists?
Yes. There are number of conditions in IF command. One of them is “If Window Exists
15. What are the different types of Licenses?
Development, Runtime, Control Room, METABot
16. List browsers supported by Automation anywhere
Browsers supported by Automation anywhere are:
CHROME 49 and above
IE 10 & 11
17. Mention commands used for error handling in Automation Anywhere?
Commands used for error handling in Automation Anywhere are:
1) Begin Error Handling and
2) End Error Handling.
18. What are the predefined variables?
The predefined variables are system variables which are provided by Automation Anywhere in order to automate any task.
19. What is the use of the OCR command for Image Recognition?
OCR command is used to:
Specify an image.
Select the OCR Engine and set a threshold amount to determine its accuracy.
Assign the value of the extracted text in a variable.
20. What is object cloning in Automation anywhere?
The object cloning command is used to recognized objects and a variety of their properties, including type, name, value, and path
21. How to compare two rows in Microsoft Excel?
Comparison can be done between two rows in Excel by adding a unique serial no or ID to it.
22. What is the difference between the set text and append text?
The set text will insert the latest data by removing old data, whereas while append text will only insert data, and it will not remove old data.
23. Why triggers used in Automation Anywhere?
Triggers are used in Automation Anywhere in order to launch the manager, to add delete, or edit triggers, or to enable or disable triggers.
24. What are some String Operation Commands are used in Automation Anywhere?
String operation commands in Automation Anywhere are used to perform various actions like:
25. Mention sub commands that are provided by Terminal Emulator
Sub commands that are provided by Terminal Emulator are:
Send Text/ Get Text
Set Field/ Get Field
Get all fields
26. What are the types of Bots in Automation Anywhere?
Task Bots: Task bots are bots which automate a rule-based, repetitive task in areas like document administration, HR, claims management, IT services, and more. This leads to an immediate improvement in productivity, error reduction, and cost-saving.
Meta Bots: Meta bots are the automation building blocks. It is designed in such a way that with application updates or changes, you need to make minimal edits to the bot. Changes automatically apply to any process utilizing that bot.
IQBOT: It is an advanced tool. It can learn on its own and perform a task according to it. IQ Bot offers Automation using highly advanced cognitive technology. It works on the concept of organizing unstructured data while improving its skills and performance.
27. Explain the types of recorders in Automation Anywhere?
Types of recorders in Automation Anywhere are:
Screen Recorder: It is used for desktop-based applications when a task involves more clicks.
Smart Recorder: It is a feasible approach for building tasks and applicable for both desktop and web applications.
Web Recorder: This recorder is applicable for performing tasks that require repetitive actions and can be implemented for web-based applications.
28. What features will carry forward when we deploy a task in the AA control Room?
Properties of the respective task will carry forward to the control room when we deploy a task, Unlike Schedule and Triggers will only restrict to Developer Client.
29. How many commands are in AA command library?
There are nearly 575+ commands available in Automation Anywhere command Library in AAE Client Task Editor.
30. How to Create a Timestamp in AA?
To create a Timestamp in Automation Anywhere we can use System Variables such as Month, Day, and Year. To see a date with time, use Date