Blue prism Interview Questions
1. What are Multiple-Part Processes?
Multiple-Part Processes are used to work in multiple parts at different times. It has a parent-child relationship where individual work queues items should be linked to one request.
2. What is Scheduler?
The scheduler is used to manage the item needed to complete its work according to its priorities.
3. What is a Tag?
Tag is the keyword of the term assigned to work queue items.
4. Define collection in Blue Prism
An array is a group of essentially a list of cases or jobs.
5. What are types of modes available for an object?
6. What is a log viewer?
Log viewer provides a convenient way for both tracking the problem and for reviewing work progress.
7. What is the use of Initialize and clean up in object studio?
Initialize and clean-up is the pre and post conditions which will execute at the start and end of the object respectively.
It cannot be called through action as it will run automatically when an object is called.
8. What are the ways to expose data item?
9. What is the difference between global send keys and global send key events?
Global send keys are the high-level interface which sends keystrokes to the active application whereas global send key events Is a low-level interface which mimics keyboard keystrokes in the operating system. It is used on thin client applications like Citrix.
10. How to publish a process to control room?
A Process can be published to control room by opening the process information box in the main page and checking the box “Publish this Process to Control Room”
11 Explain the difference between session and an environment variable.
Session Variable is a variable whose value can be changed for every session and environment variable is a variable whose value can’t be changed till the resource stops the execution of the process flow from control room.
12. How will you run the process developed on your machine in other’s machine in standalone deployment?
Giving a. bp release and importing it into the local machine.
13. How match index is unique?
Match Index makes an automation spy unique as it makes the modeler to spy the same kind of blocks unique.
14. How to write a value in to an application without using write stage?
Navigate stage using global send keys, we can write the value to the application.
15. Difference between global send keys and global send key events
Global Send Keys – Alphabets and numeric values
Global Send Key events – Function keys and pre-defined functions
16. Different Run modes
Exclusive/Foreground and background run modes
17. Delay/sleep can be achieved through?
18. What is the action used to Tag an item in work queues?
Tag Item in Work queues object
19. Are nested blocks allowed in blue prism?
No, nested blocks won’t work in Blue prism.
20. How do you spy an element in blue prism?
Control+ Left mouse click
21. How can we exit the spy mode in blue prism?
Control + Right key
22. What is the function used to go for stop parameters?
23. What are the kinds of stop available in blue prism in control room?
Immediate stop and request stop
24. Which are the languages used in coding stage in blue prism?
C#, Visual basic, J#
25. Which stages helps in taking 2 or more decisions at a time?
26. What are the different kinds of status symbols available in the queue management of blue prism?
Exception, Completed, Pending, locked
27. What is defer and its functionality?
Defer is an action in Work queues and when we use defer is to run the process after some timespan.
28. Which are the exception functions we use generally?
ExceptionDetails() and ExceptionType()
29. Can we publish Process into Control Room?
Yes. In PS go to Main page–>double click on Information stage–> Check the Option called “Publish the Process to Control Room”.
30. What are the Data types available in BP?
There are 10 Data types. Date, Date Time, Time, Time Span, Text, Number, Image, Password, Binary, Flag.
31.What are Start Up parameters or input parameters?
The input data or the Parameters that can be passed Before we are executing the Processes from the control room. These Parameters are called Start-up Parameters.
32.What is Exception Bubbling?
The Bubbling up of the Error from Lower end towards the Layers of solution and handle the Error is called Exception Bubbling.
33.How to Automate Excel Applications?
We can use 3 methods to automate Excel Applications
By Using VBO – MS Excel VBO – and using Actions Like Create Instance, Show, Open Workbook Etc to launch the application in PS.
By Configuring the Excel.EXE file path in the OS and Launching the Excel and attach.
By Using VBO – OLEDB and Providing the Provide name like Data Base (Path of the Excel) and Provider and Extended Properties.
34. What is the Difference Between Get Work sheet as Collection and Get work sheets as Collection (Fast)?
Get work sheet as Collection will have input parameters like Workbook name, Work Sheet name and Handle and Get work sheets as Collection (Fast) will have No Inputs and collects the data whichever Sheet is Currently Active